Roman coarse pottery lidSS135
A fragmentary crude pottery lid.
Roman, possibly British, 2nd or 3rd Century AD
6 x 13.6 cms
Repaired from numerous pieces with sections of plaster reconstruction
Ex. estate of Molly and Richard Alexander, Seaford, East Sussex, UK; acquired between 1945-1980. Richard Alexander worked in the antiquities department of Spinks (London) after World War II before setting up a dealership in Brighton with his wife. The couple ceased trading in the 1970’s and their collection was placed in storage until 2020.