Egyptian Amarna quartzite fragment with inscriptionE125
A red quartzite sculpture fragment showing the bottom part of a cartouche below which a partial line of hieroglyphs reading: “forever and eternally”.
Egypt, 18th Dynasty, Tel el-Amarna, reign of Akhenaten, c. 1353–1336 BC
6.1 x 7 cms
Fragment as shown
Ex. estate of Molly and Richard Alexander, Seaford, East Sussex, UK; acquired between 1945-1980. Richard Alexander worked in the antiquities department of Spinks (London) after World War II before setting up a dealership in Brighton with his wife. The couple ceased trading in the 1970’s and their collection was placed in storage until 2020.