Cypriot Byzantine Christian pottery oil lampSC17
A moulded pottery oil lamp decorated with a Christian cross around the central filling hole on the tondo.
Cyprus, Byzantine period, 6th to 8th Century AD
9 x 7.6 cms
Handle lost, general surface wear and accretions as seen in the photographs
Ex. collection: Major-General Edward Ranulph Kenyon CB CMG (1854-1937), Shropshire, UK; acquired in Cyprus between 1883-1886 and thence passed by family descent. ER Kenyon was Commissioner of Kyrenia in North Cyprus between 1883-1886 and a founder of the Cyprus Society.